Researching, choosing and moving a loved one into an Assisted Living community or long term care facility is often times an overwhelming process. We know because we saw Mark’s Mom have to navigate through it after his Grandmother’s stroke. After seeing how stressful it is on Caregivers and family members, we set out to create the service we wish we had so that families had the information, resources and most importantly, SUPPORT, they needed to make the best decision.
It’s extremely helpful to use a placement service to find the right community or facility fit no matter what stage of the process you find yourself in. Why? So glad you asked! Here’s a few great reasons:
1. Its free. Yep, our service is 100% free to families. Placement services get a referral fee from the community if your loved one moves into one they referred you to. Because it’s free to you, there’s no risk to getting insight and information to help you along in your search to finding the right fit.
2. We’re unbiased. Because it’s pretty standard in the industry to use placement services, it allows us to work with almost all communities. We don’t have motives to have you move into one community over another; our goal is just that you find the best match for your loved one.
3. We save you time. There are a lot of options and choices to consider when you’re looking for the right senior housing community, especially in the SunCoast. You don’t want to waste time researching or touring communities that don’t fit your criteria. We help narrow the list down right off the bat to make sure you’re only comparing viable options.
4. You’ll have someone to accompany you on community tours. Heck, we’ll even pick you up and take you! Don’t worry about knowing what to ask or look out for, because having us join you on tours allows us to serve as your advocate to get all questions answered and make sure you have all the info you need to make the best decision.
5. You’ll have one point person. You won’t need to manage communicating with all the different communities separately and keeping all the information straight…we do that for you. This is even more valuable when there are non-local or multiple family members, as we can keep all updated and in the loop.
6. You get inside information from an industry expert. Working with someone who is tapped into the industry and has their ear to the ground about reputation, care and staff is critical to making the right choice.
7. We Project Manage the entire process. Identifying the right community is just the first step. We help you anticipate and complete all steps until move in including scheduling assessments and tracking down all documentation needed, etc. We also can refer you to other vetted resources to help along the journey like Elder Care Lawyers, downsizers, movers, etc.
So, wouldn’t you say it’s a no-brainer?? There’s no reason you should walk this journey alone. Whether you’re at the very early planning and information gathering stage, or need to make an immediate decision, we’re here to hold your hand every step of the way.
Reach out to us today and let us know how we can help!
Subscribe below to get weekly tips and resources for Seniors & their Caregivers.
Elli is the President of Sunways and loves spending time outside with her family, and is passionate about cooking and holistic health.